Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How to set up a Household Management Dashboard w/ Igoogle

I know , a household management dashboard ? Right ? I have used notebooks , I went the long binder route  I did the Folders. In the end I always wind back up at the dashboard setup. It's just easier than clipping and filing and printing. Its also much cheaper. What about those offline days ? Well then I go right back to my sticky notes. Oh reliable little bits of paper.

So I am going to lead you through How to set up a Household Management Dashboard using igoogle , a free service from google.

http://www.google.com/ig

Part I - Setting Up The Household Management Tab


A pace to remember our tasks
The Main Staple of this Task is adding the To-Do Gadget  and Setting up a list for Monthly / Weekly and Daily Tasks as well as a Task list for incidental tasks. I add this gadget 4 times so that I can set each notepad to a specific page.


Part II - The Finances Tab


Here we use 2 widgets , one to track finances and one to give us frugal tips.
I use  The Expense Manager Gadget

and

The Freakishly Frugal Tips Gadget

Part III - The Family Planning Tab


I Use the Calendar Gadget
and
Pregnancy Tracking Gadget

Part IV - Meal Planning



I use My Notes to jot down meal plans and grocery Lists

I have a few other tabs as well one full of reminders and calendars and one that just links me to my favorite places.

Tell Me About YOUR home Management System !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment